Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Chico, CA
No one expects to be involved in an accident, but the fact of the matter is, accidents can and do happen every day in California. Even when you do everything you can to prevent an accident on your part, the negligence of other drivers, vehicle manufacturers, and even a city doing road construction can cause a life changing and even deadly accident.
If you’re traveling in a motorcycle, you stand a much higher chance of being critically injured or killed in an accident than individuals who are traveling in a car or a truck. This is because your body is exposed to the force of the accident, and even if you’re wearing a helmet and protective clothing, they only help so much. Motorcycle accidents tend to be severe in nature and the victims often need extensive medical treatment and may be permanently disabled after the wreck.
Common Injuries Sustained by Motorcycle Accident Victims
The most commonly seen injuries in motorcycle accidents include but are not limited to:
- Open and closed head injuries, including penetrating brain injuries
- Neck injuries, including whiplash or cervical injuries
- Spinal cord and back injuries that lead to partial or total paralysis below the point at which the spinal cord was injured
- Broken bones, including crushed bones that require extensive surgery and pins or plates
- Friction burns, which may require surgical skin grafting
Although the above are the more frequently seen injuries, just about anything can happen in a motorcycle collision.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle crash can be caused by:
- Negligent drivers on the road who fail to watch for motorcyclists
- Drunk drivers
- Inclement weather conditions
- Poor road conditions
- Motorcycle or tire defects
- Improper motorcycle training
In many cases, the negligence of another driver, the motorcycle or tire manufacturer, or even the city if the road conditions contributed to or caused the motorcyclist to crash may be responsible for the accident. In cases like these, it’s critical to have an experienced California motorcycle accident attorney in your corner, fighting for your right to full and fair compensation.
At the Law Offices of Zink & Lenzi, we understand how devastating and life changing a motorcycle accident can be. Don’t wait to get the legal representation you need following a collision that has critically injured you or even killed a loved one. Call us today for compassionate, caring legal advocacy when you need it most at (530) 895-1234.