Slip & Fall Accident Injury Lawyers in Chico, CA
One of the most common types of premises liability accidents is a slip and fall. Often, this occurs when a property owner has neglected a hazardous situation on the floor of the premises and a patron has slipped or tripped and fell, causing injuries that range from mild to severe. While death is rarely the result of a slip and fall, it can happen, especially if the victim is elderly and has other medical conditions.
What Can Cause a Slip and Fall Accident?
There are many ways a slip and fall can occur on property owned by another person or company, including but not limited to:
- Slipping on a wet surface in a store, such as a spill, a defrosting freezer, or a freshly mopped floor
- Slipping outside a store on icy or wet pavement
- Tripping over broken concrete, potholes, and other poorly maintained outdoor surfaces
- Tripping over debris in the floor or objects in the way, like boxes or equipment
- Falling down broken stairs or stairs without safety features such as handrails
- Falling in areas with poor lighting or broken light fixtures that have not been fixed
- Tripping over broken linoleum, ripped carpeting, or area rugs that are not secured to the floor
Simply put, there are numerous different types of hazards on public property that can cause a person to slip or trip, fall, and become moderately or severely injured.
What Types of Injuries Will a Victim Sustain in a Slip and Fall Accident?
While many people get up from a fall with just a few bumps and bruises, others are much more critically injured. Potential injuries that can arise from slip and fall accidents that require immediate medical attention are:
- Broken bones
- Lower back injuries
- Ankle injuries
- Neck injuries
- Head injuries
- Lacerations and open wounds
In some cases, if a person falls from a height, life threatening injuries or even death may occur.
When to Contact a Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, the most important thing you can do is get medical attention right away. Once your condition is stabilized, it’s crucial that you reach out to a personal injury lawyer for help. You may be eligible for compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, disability, and emotional trauma. At the Law Offices of Zink & Lenzi, we will fight aggressively for your right to full financial restitution. Call today for a consultation at (530) 895-1234.