Trucking Accident Injury Lawyers based in Chico, CA
Since the state of California is one of the main exporters of produce, large 18-wheel trucks are common on highways. While accidents are going to happen no matter how cautious you are, an accident with a large commercial truck can be particularly devastating and even deadly.
If you get into an accident with a truck, you stand a much higher chance of being critically injured or killed in an accident than individuals who collide with another car. This is because the force of the truck is that much more than the force of a traditional vehicle. Truck accidents tend to be critical in nature and the victims often need extensive medical treatment that could last for years and may be permanently disabled after the wreck.
Common Injuries Sustained by Truck Accident Victims
The most commonly seen injuries in truck accidents include but are not limited to:
- Open and closed head injuries, including penetrating brain injuries
- Neck injuries, particularly whiplash but also including cervical spine injuries
- Spinal cord and back injuries that lead to partial or total paralysis below the point at which the spinal cord was injured
- Internal organ injuries, including punctured lungs, a ruptured spleen, and other emergent injuries
- Broken bones, including crushed bones that require extensive surgery and pins or plates
- Loss of limb
Although the above are the more frequently seen injuries, just about anything can happen in a truck accident due to the size and force of the 18-wheeler.
Causes of Truck Accidents
A truck accident can be caused by:
- Negligent truck drivers who drive while distracted or fatigued
- Truck drivers who are drinking
- Construction or poor road conditions
- Defects in the truck or a truck that has not been properly maintained by the trucking company
- Improper training of truck drivers in how to operate the vehicle in a variety of conditions
In many cases, the negligence of another driver, the the trucking company, or even the city if the road conditions contributed to or caused the truck driver to crash may be responsible for the accident. In cases like these, it’s critical to have an experienced California truck accident lawyer in your corner, fighting for your right to full and fair compensation.
At the Law Offices of Zink & Lenzi, we understand how devastating and life changing a truck accident can be. Don’t wait to get the legal representation you need after a collision that has critically injured you or even killed a loved one. Call us today for compassionate, caring legal advocacy when you need it most at (530) 895-1234.